Skip to main content

System Status: 

Campus Cards for Faculty and Staff

Faculty and staff, find out how and where to use your Campus Card.

COVID-19 Status Update:

The Campus Cards Office is currently operating on a limited basis, and by appointment ONLY.  

Our office recently re-opened in a limited capacity, and can now offer appointments to students, employees, and campus affiliates on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Please follow the steps below to initiate the process of obtaining an ID card. 

1.) Email us ( to request an ID card. 
2.) Campus Cards staff will inform you what we need in order to process your request.
3.) Campus Cards staff will provide you with a link to set up an appointment with our office. 

: We cannot accept walk-in requests. Please email us first; you will receive a response same day. We will do our best to accommodate your request for an ID card as quickly as possible. 

Note: The Campus Cards Office does not mail out ID cards. 

Oracle Financial Cloud Update 

UC San Diego will transition to the new Oracle Financial Cloud system on July 1, 2020. As a result, budget indexes will no longer be used for recharge purposes. Our office will now require that departments covering the cost of an ID card are required to provide the new Common Chart of Accounts - specifically, the Project, Task, and Fund (if applicable) numbers. We have created a new Campus Card Request Form, which accounts for this new payment method. Please be sure to use this form effective immediately. 

UC Path Update

With UCSD's transition to UC Path now complete, all UCSD employees now have new employee numbers. Please be sure to use the updated version of the Campus Card Request Form, which includes additional space for the new employee number. 

Need to find your employee number? Employees can access their employee number via Ecotime and via the new UC Path online portal


The Campus Card Office is located in the Student Services Center, Suite 354A ( map)

Business Hours:

Please check our calendar for the most up-to-date business hours!

About Campus Card

Your Campus Card is your employee ID and key to the campus. In addition to serving as your official photo identification card and security badge, the Campus Card will give you access to campus buildings and events, and lets you:


Special Badge Requests

If you are a department on-campus and need to request special badges (i.e. RA badges, CSO badges, etc.), please contact us at our UCSD email address . Please also complete our Campus Cards Special Request form and attach it to your email (please note that there are two different tabs you must complete on the form).

Emergency Access Requests

The card also gives proof of official campus affiliation for quick identification during an emergency or major disaster. If your job duties grant you special access during an emergency, your department can request this designation on your card. Please note that campus affiliates are ineligible for E-Access ID cards. 

Triton Cash

Triton Cash logo

When you deposit funds onto your Campus Card, it becomes a Triton Cash debit card, allowing you to make cash-free purchases at many on- and off-campus locations.

For more information, contact Campus Cards, (858) 534-6606.
Note: This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: