Skip to main content

System Status: 

Campus Cards: Affiliate Categories

Find out if you meet the requirements for a UC San Diego Affiliate Campus Card.

COVID-19 Status Update:

The Campus Cards Office is currently operating on a limited basis, and by appointment ONLY.  Please follow the steps below to initiate the process of obtaining an ID card. 


1.) Email us ( to request an ID card. 
2.) Campus Cards staff will inform you what we need in order to process your request.
3.) Campus Cards staff will provide you with a link to set up an appointment with our office. 

Important: We cannot accept walk-in requests. Please email us first; you will receive a response same day. We will do our best to accommodate your request for an ID card as quickly as possible. The Campus Cards Office does not mail out ID cards. 



Oracle Financial Cloud Update 

Departments covering the cost of an ID card are required to provide the Common Chart of Accounts - specifically, the Project, Task, and Fund (if applicable) numbers. Please be sure to use the Campus Card Request Form, which accounts for this payment method. 


Affiliate ID Card Overview:

The affiliate ID card grants campus affiliates access to UCSD shuttles, libraries, and parking services. Affiliates can also load money onto their ID card via Triton Cash. Please find more information on the Triton Card Account Services website

Note: Please be sure to use the updated version of the Campus Card Request Form (version date: 7/1/20).


Someone with a formal leadership role within a religion.

Clergy work both inside and outside formal houses of worship and occasionally participate in work at UC San Diego.


Spouses or children of staff or faculty members currently employed by UC San Diego.

Note: Affiliates' family members do not quality for this card.


An industry sector representative who works with a UC San Diego department, school, or divisions. Industrial/Contractor affiliates may conduct work or research on campus, but do not receive UC compensation.


A person who is officially retired from assigned duties as a staff or faculty member.

Academic retirees retain their title, along with the additional title of emeritus, as in "professor emeritus."

Visiting Graduate

A graduate student registered at an educational institution outside the UC system.

Visiting graduates pursue research related to their degree program at UC San Diego with the approval of a faculty sponsor, the department chair, or the organized research unit (ORU) director, and the associate dean of Graduate Studies.

Visiting Scholar

Senior scholars or distinguished visitors who are pursuing collaborative research or advanced study at UC San Diego, and who are supported from sources outside the university.


Someone who volunteers their services for a staff appointment without compensation, but is subject to the control or supervision of the university.

For more information, contact Campus Cards, (858) 534-6606.