Skip to main content

System Status: 

Incoming Service Agreements

Learn how to request a UCSD-Provided Service Agreement for a non-research project where a client will pay UCSD for services.

About Incoming Service Agreements

These service agreements are contracts between UC San Diego and a (non-federal) client where the client will pay UC San Diego to conduct services, and the service will not result in the development or enhancement of any intellectual property.

"Incoming" refers to the flow of funds - in the context of an incoming service agreement at UC San Diego, the UCSD PI will be paid for conducting routine services, procedures, or testing.

Examples include:

  • Routine statistical analysis for a pharmaceutical company
  • Cloud storage services at San Diego Supercomputer Center
  • Testing a piece of equipment on the Shake Table at UCSD's Structural Engineering Department

Disclosures for Incoming Service Agreemeents

Please review the financial interest reporting requirements for service agreements.

Request an Incoming Service Agreementchart of incoming service agreements: 4M SIO, 11M VCAA, 65M VCHS

Only your designated UC San Diego contract officers are authorized to sign agreements binding the University. The requesting PI's department will determine which office handles your incoming service agreement.

VCAA Departments

The OCGA Government Contracts and Service Agreements team handles Incoming Service Agreements for VCAA departments. All VCAA Incoming Service Agreements requests must be submitted in Kuali Research (KR) as of January 21, 2020. 

Create a Proposal Development record in Kuali Research to request a new service agreement or amendment for adding time and/or funding.

VCHS Departments

Use the VCHS Business Contracting Service Agreement Application (login required).

Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO)

For SIO service agreements, please contact the SIO Office of Contracts and Grants.

Questions? Email