UC San Diego SearchMenu

Change in Pay Rate for Student Employees

Learn about merit increases, equity increases, and administrative stipends for casual/ restricted student employees.

For information on reclassification, see How to Reclassify a Student Employee.

Expand all

Request a merit increase.

See UCSD Implementing Procedures, Section 30/Compensation (PDF) for more information.

 Check with your Student Employment Liaision for current year's eligibility.

Request an equity increase.

Once you have followed internal department policy for appropriate approvals, e-mail your Student Employment Office (SEO) representative and include:

  • Student employee’s name
  • Personal Identification Number (PID)
  • Requested hourly rate
  • Justification for the increase

Your SEO representative will respond via e-mail. See UCSD's Implementing Procedures, Section 30/Compensation (PDF) for more information.

Request an administrative stipend.

Download the Administrative Stipend Approval Form (PDF).

Note: You can pay an administrative stipend to a student employee temporarily assigned to higher level responsibilities or other significant duties not part of the student employee's regular position. The sum of stipend and base salary must not exceed the maximum salary of the higher level position.

  • Complete the form and send to SEO:
    Mail Code 0330
    Fax (858) 534-7448

Your SEO representative will respond via e-mail. See Administrative Stipend Guidelines, Group 99, for more information.

Expand all

Notice: The information on this page summarizes provisions of university policies and/or collective bargaining agreements. Refer to the Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM) and local implementing procedures or applicable collective bargaining agreement for full text of referenced information.