Skip to main content

System Status: 

How to Pay for a UC San Diego-Sponsored Conference or Retreat

If you have received authorization, use these step-by-step instructions to issue payment when organizing a UC San Diego-sponsored retreat.

Also see information on how to pay a conference registration (for an individual) and How to Plan a Conference at UCSD.

Note: Employee retreats differ from a meeting or hosted event in that they include some type of activity designed to improve teamwork and overall functioning of a team or department at UC San Diego.

Coordinate event and gather information

Request payment

  • Consider using a Travel & Entertainment (T&E) Card. UC San Diego's T&E Card is a Visa card issued by U.S. Bank to employees who coordinate non-employee group travel, business events, conferences, or activities for UC San Diego.  
  • For UC San Diego-sponsored conferences where attendees do not pay a registration fee, create a Concur Event Expense Report to request a payment or reimbursement for catering and room rentals.


This information is designed to help you determine which policies and process to follow, but your specific event may not be addressed. 

  • For questions about event and employee reimbursement, contact the Travel & Expense Team via UC San Diego Services and Support portal (login required).
  • For questions about a contract with a service provider or insurance for non-UC San Diego food service brought onto campus property, contact Procurement's Housing, Dining and Hospitality via UC San Diego Services and Support portal (login required).
Find answers, request services, or get help from our team at the UC San Diego Services & Support portal.