Skip to main content

System Status: 

Travel & Entertainment Card Use and Benefits

Find out about the new UC San Diego Corporate Billed Travel & Entertainment Card for employees traveling and entertaining for official UC San Diego business.

The Travel & Entertainment Card is used to pay for:

  • Official UC San Diego business travel services for the cardholder only.
  • Entertainment expenses when the cardholder is acting as the host of official University-sponsored business entertainment
    Note: The card is not to be used for personal use.

Before you use the Travel & Entertainment Card for travel or entertainment expenses, you must review card management guidelines.

  • For travel: You must ensure that you have an approved Travel Request in Concur before you use the Travel & Entertainment Card for travel expenses.
  • For entertainment expenses: Review the guidelines for allowable official entertainment.

Online transactions: You can use the chip-enabled Travel & Entertainment Card online to obtain airfare, rent a car, reserve a hotel, and pay for conference registration:

  • Indicate the form of payment as Visa; otherwise, charges may be declined.
  • If a billing address/zip is required for an online transaction: Use your UCSD Mailing Address as the Travel & Entertainment Card account billing address.

Reconciliation: Manage your Card transactions directly in the Concur application. For more assistance on this, please refer to this Knowledge Base Article

See applying for a UC San Diego Travel & Entertainment Card.


  • Eliminates out-of-pocket expenses: All transactions on the corporate billed Travel & Entertainment Card are automatically billed to UCSD and will post in Concur within 2 business days.
  • Real-time fraud alerts provide on-the-spot communication via text or email to approve valid transactions, avoid unnecessary declines and protect account from fraud attempts.
  • Quick and easy reconciliations: Travel & Entertainment Card transactions are viewable in Concur and can be added to their respective Expense Reports.
  • Convenient cash advances: Cash advances can be obtained from ATMs worldwide.
  • Accident insurance: You receive $500,000 travel accident insurance coverage when you purchase air or rail tickets with the Travel & Entertainment Card.
  • Receive rental car Collision Damage coverage for damage due to collision or theft. To activate the coverage, complete the entire rental transaction with your Travel & Entertainment card and simply decline the rental company's collision damage waiver (CDW) coverage if offered by the auto rental company. For information about the coverage and for assistance with the claims process please visit: or contact the Visa Assistance Center at (800) 847-2911.  Please note: A completed claim must be submitted within 90 calendar days from the accident, damage, or loss.
  • Lost baggage coverage: You are eligible to receive up to $1,250 in lost baggage coverage for domestic and international travel when you purchase air or rail tickets with the Travel & Entertainment Card. This coverage is secondary to carrier indemnity coverage.
Find answers, request services, or get help from our team at the UC San Diego Services & Support portal.
Notice: UC San Diego travel policy, as published in Blink, is decisive. It has been adapted to UC San Diego's organization, delegation of authority, terminology, chart of accounts and processing applications. The source for UC San Diego travel policy is UC Travel Policy and Regulations (PDF).