Skip to main content

System Status: 

Onsite Video Production Resources

Learn about video production services that support course instruction.

Educational Technology Services (ETS) can help faculty create course content for use in conjunction with classroom time as part of flipped or hybrid courses as well as fully online courses.

Professional Video Production

For videos that need to make an impact, ETS offers a complete video production solution.

Video Studio

Faculty record online content in our campus studio, which features:

  • A teleprompter for easier delivery of pre-written scripts
  • A tablet for slide annotation or image interaction to add an extra level of audience engagement
  • Professional lighting and audio equipment to create the best looking and sounding video possible
  • Filming by video specialists who know how to properly capture video, allowing faculty to focus on their material instead of production


Expert editing creates a seamless, professional quality product. 


The Multimedia Services team at ETS usually passes through the costs (mainly labor) of producing videos. If faculty or staff do not already have department or grant funding available, ETS can suggest some grant opportunities. If funding is an issue, ETS has a small amount available through an approval process to support projects that serve the university’s educational mission.

Studio U

Studio U is a self-service video and screen capture studio for faculty and staff use. With easy-to-use controls and high quality results, you'll be able to make engaging video content for your courses or campus communications.

Canvas Integration

ETS can upload and integrate course videos dinto Canvas, UC San Diego's learning management system, using the Kaltura My Media tools. For more information about Kaltura, visit the Videos in Canvas section.

Contact Us

For assistance, please use our helpful video production request form for guidance through the process or email us directly at
Need help? Contact the Multimedia Services team at or use our request form.