UC San Diego SearchMenu

How to File a Complaint or Grievance

The steps below are general guidelines for filing a complaint or grievance.

If you need more information about filing a complaint or grievance, contact your supervisor, union representative, or Labor Relations.

Expand all

1. Review the complaint or grievance policies and procedures that apply to your job title code.

2. File a written complaint or grievance within the time limit.

Consult the PPSM or your collective bargaining agreement to find your specific filing time limit. Most time limits are 30 calendar days.

  1. Obtain and complete a complaint or grievance form by calling Labor Relations, (858) 534-2810.

    For PPSM 70 filings, you can download a PDF version. Choose MSP (Manager and Senior Professional employees) or PSS (Professional and Support Staff employees). If you are represented by a union, contact your union representative for the grievance form.

  2. Within the time limit specified by the PPSM or your collective bargaining agreement, submit the written grievance or complaint form by:
    • Personal delivery:
      Office of Labor Relations
      Torrey Pines Center South
      10280 N. Torrey Pines Road Suite 265A
      La Jolla, CA 92037
    • U.S. mail:
      UC San Diego
      Office of Labor Relations
      9500 Gilman Drive #0921
      La Jolla, CA 92093-0921

Expand all

Notice: The information on this page summarizes provisions of university policies and/or collective bargaining agreements. Refer to the Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM) and local implementing procedures or applicable collective bargaining agreement for full text of referenced information.