Skip to main content

System Status: 

Buying Radioactive Materials Overview

You need special EH&S and Purchasing authorizations to buy radioactive materials. If you purchase radioactive materials for your lab, use the links on this page to get started.

Radioactive materials license

UCSD uses radioactive materials under a Broad Scope Radioactive Material License issued by the state of California. Due to regulations under this license, you must have special authorization from Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) and Purchasing to buy radioactive materials.

Requirements for getting authorization to buy radioactive materials for your lab

Ways to order

  • Use Oracle Procurement, UCSD's online buying site, to order radioactive materials. Be sure to enter your department's RUA number in the 'RUA Number' field box before checkout.

Important resources

Need help? Contact our team via the UC San Diego Services & Support portal.

Note: this page has a friendly link that's easy to remember:

Notice: Refer to the Radiation Safety Manual (PDF) for a detailed description of the UC San Diego radiation safety program.