UC San Diego SearchMenu

At Your Service: How to Calculate and Update Your Tax Withholding Information

Learn how to calculate or change your tax withholdings on At Your Service Online, UC's secure payroll and benefits website.

Expand all

1. Log in.

  • Go to At Your Service Online:
  • Enter your username. If you don't have a username or have forgotten it, enter your Social Security number.
  • Enter your password. If you don't have a password or have forgotten it, click Forgot Password.

Note: If you have a UC e-mail address, the system will send you a temporary password. If you don't have an e-mail address that the system recognizes, call the toll-free Customer Service number, (800) 888-8267, during business hours.

2. Go to the Tax Withholdings option.

  • Click Tax Withholdings under the "Income & Taxes" heading, in the top right corner of your screen.

3. View the Current Tax Withholding screen.

  • This screen includes the following information:
    • Your name
    • Federal tax filing information
    • State tax filing information

4. Make desired changes in your payroll tax withholding.

  • Click one of the selections on the left to:
    • Change your withholdings
    • Claim exemption from federal and state tax withholding
    • Claim an out-of-state exemption from state tax withholding
    • Estimate your federal and state tax withheld
    • Calculate your withholding allowances

5. Log off.

  • To end the session, click Log Off, in the top right corner of your screen.

Expand all

Note: This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/taxwithholding