Individual supervisors and principal investigators must identify job-specific hazards and make sure their employees attend safety training appropriate for the work they perform. Select a category to see required and recommended training:
Each category above provides:
- Required and recommended safety training for the kind of work you perform
- Schedule and registration information for regularly scheduled programs
- Contact information for customized training and group sessions presented as needed
- Resources for facilitating supervisor-led training
Supervisors, read Safety Training Checklist for Supervisors to learn about your training responsibilities.
Note: To check schedules and register for training offered through Staff Education & Development, logon to UC Learning Center and use the course catalog or search box to locate the class.
- Safety training by work group
- General safety
- Environmental compliance
- Fire safety
- Hazardous materials and waste
- Research safety
- Risk management
Obtain records of training programs completed through UC Learning Center (formerly Enrollment Central) from these sources:
- UC Learning Center – Click on My Training Transcript to see your training history.
- MyTraining Overview – All UCSD staff and faculty who have taken Staff Education training courses and have an official UCSD e-mail address can use MyTraining to view their own training history.
Note: Read About Safety Training for safety training record-keeping requirements.
Learn more about the role of safety coordinators at UCSD:
If you have questions about required and recommended safety training for the kind of work you perform at UC San Diego, contact the EH&S safety training manager. If Environment, Health & Safety doesn't offer the training you need, other resources will be recommended.