CS Training requirement
PIs, CSUA Lab Contacts, and Authorized Personnel working with CS are required to complete the Controlled Substances Training eCourse on UC Learning Center, with refresher training required every 4 years.
Participants learn how to use controlled substances in compliance with institutional and regulatory standards. Topics include secure use of CS; the Controlled Substance Use Authorization (CSUA) and online CSU application; storage site controls and security; ordering, delivery, and receipt of CS; usage logs and biennial inventory; policies regarding disposal, transfer, importing, and exporting CS; diversion and loss reporting; and illicit activities and repercussions.
How to get training:
- Complete the Controlled Substances eCourse on UC Learning Center.
- Re-take the eCourse every 4 years to meet the refresher requirement.
When you complete the Controlled Substances Training eCourse, UC Learning Center will notify the CS Program Manager and your training status will be documented in the online CSUA application.
How to view a lab's training history
If you are the CSUA Lab Contact or the PI of a CSUA:
- Use Single Sign-On to login to the CSUA application: https://ehs.ucsd.edu/csua/login.do.
- Click on the My CSUA tab, then select the CSUA number and the “View/Amend” button at the bottom of the page.
- From this page, select the “3-Authorized Personnel” hyperlink on the left-hand side. This will display current and pending Authorized Personnel and their training status.
- To see exact training dates for each person, select the individual and click the “View/Edit” button. A detailed popup window will appear.
Note: CS training data is not editable in the CSUA. The information is updated daily when EH&S receives e-mail confirmation of training completion from UC Learning Center.
- How to Manage Your Online CSUA (PDF) – Step-by-step instructions for using the Controlled Substances Application.
- Controlled Substances Program
- Controlled Substances: FAQ
- Controlled Substances in Alphabetical Order (PDF), U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- UCSD Controlled Substances Program Procedures (PDF) – Describes UCSD's CS Program in detail.