University programs and discounts
UC San Diego offers a variety of bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees, as well as career training, credential, and professional certificate programs. Discounts and/or low-cost courses are available to UCSD employees through:
- Staff Education and Development classes available through the UC Learning Center
- Extended Studies and Public Programs (UCSD Extension)
- Regular classes (General Catalog courses during fall, winter, and spring)
- Summer Session
For information about how to take advantage of these programs and obtain discounts, consult Educational Benefits.
UC San Diego provides access to a variety of training and learning resources on the Web, through video and television and the UCSD Libraries.
- Web-based training is available on information technology, compliance, and business related topics; UCSD-specific financial and safety topics; and sexual harassment prevention.
- The self-study library links to resources for self-directed study, including videos and CD-ROMs.
- UCSD-TV links the key civic, scientific, and artistic resources of UCSD and the region with the community. Programs are focused on health and medicine issues, scientific research, and public events with a variety of forums, lectures, creative performances and documentaries.
- The UCSD Libraries offer access to books, journals, slides and Web, database, and other resources.
San Diego institutions also offer a wide variety of credential, certificate, undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- California State University, San Marcos
- California State University, San Marcos Extended Learning
- Coleman University
- Cuyamaca College
- Grossmont College
- Mesa College
- MiraCosta College
- Miramar College
- National University
- Palomar College
- Point Loma Nazarene University
- San Diego City College
- San Diego State University
- San Diego State University College of Extended Studies
- Southwestern College
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Alliant University
- University of Phoenix
- University of Redlands
- University of San Diego
EDU Directory provides an index to continuing education, vocational schools, trade colleges, academic schools and programs.