Last Updated: March 9, 2017 2:28:34 PM PST
Learn about the Staff Education and Development Mission.
Our mission is to provide an adaptive learning and organization development infrastructure to support a creative, collaborative and innovative work force that furthers the university’s mission. We will meet the needs of individuals, teams and the organization:
- By providing a blend of offerings that are strategically developed to relate to one another within the context of campus strategy
- Through a variety of delivery methods leveraging technology whenever possible
- By recognizing and responding to the diverse learning styles of our campus community
- By creating and managing learning experiences that promote high performance and professional development
- Through leveraging our expertise as learning and organization development professionals
Directions (PDF) to our classrooms
2016-17 Staff Education and Development Brochure (PDF)
Staff Education and Development Newsletter
We distribute a campus-wide newsletter to inform staff of upcoming classes and trainings.
Check out the current March/April 2017 (PDF) issue of the SED Newsletter.
To receive updates on upcoming classes, trainings, and professional development events, please subscribe to the Staff Education and Development mailing list.
The Staff Education and Development division of Human Resources offers a comprehensive array of learning and development opportunities. To guide your exploration of these opportunities, start by using the list provided below and always feel free to contact Staff Education and Development with any questions you may have. Whether it is on-the-job-experiences, learning from others, technology-based courses, classroom-based courses, or something else, Staff Education and Development offers a variety of forums, tools, and resources to support your continuing professional development.
To get started, you may want to:
If you are interested in receiving regular updates from Staff Education and Development, please subscribe
to our mailing list!
Learn about the 70:20:10 strategy (PDF) and how you can apply it to your professional development.
Find out more how to implement the 70:20:10 strategy in your job growth and career development by creating an Individual Development Plan, and looking at Learning Road Maps.
The testimonials below provide examples of how UCSD staff members have gone beyond the classroom for professional development and furthered their careers by learning from others and learning on the job.
Kim Ayoub testimonial (PDF)
Director, Temporary Employment Services
Mae Brown testimonial (PDF)
Assistant Vice Chancellor, Admissions and Registrar
Alonso Noble testimonial (PDF)
Assistant Superintendent, Facilities Management
- Facilities Available for Campus Use: Staff Education and Development's Torrey Pines Center North training room is available for campus use. Located adjacent to the beautiful Torrey Pines Golf Course, the Training Center North is on the plaza level of Torrey Pines Center North. The facility has a desktop computer, projector, podium, and presenter station, with tables and chairs for seating. The Training Center North seats 32. Please note that a five-day cancellation policy applies to all reservations. Catering and cleaning are the responsibility of occupants; rooms should be left in their original condition.
- Visit Reserving Space at UC San Diego on Blink for additional reservation information, and get directions to the Learning Center and the Training Room North.
- Campus Organization Development Services (CODS): UC San Diego Human Resources (HR) organizational development assistance is provided through HR's Campus Organization Development Services (CODS). The purpose of the function is to provide managers with assistance in creating and implementing effective action plans and appropriate solutions toward the achievement of organizational objectives.
- Staff Education Workplace Instructor Resources
- Self-Study Library: Reserve a video, CD-ROM or diskette for studying at your own pace.
- Web-Based Training: Find links to UCSD Web-based training, with over 1,200 online classes, as well as ClassWeb and external online learning resources.
- Training Resources
- Workplace Instructor Resources: Link to resources for those who teach others in the workplace, either on the job or in the classroom.
- Find an expert: Don't see what you're looking for? We can lead you to the right person to ask.
Note: this page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/menu/training