UC San Diego’s training programs offer job-relevant and career-building classes across the full spectrum of professional development. In partnership with other central service providers inside and outside Human Resources, programs range from supervision, management development, professional development, and business operations. Check out our catalog and enroll online via the UC Learning Center.
Change Management Services
During these times of transition, it is important to remember that successful change happens one person at a time. Change management provides an enabling framework for managing the people side of change. Staff Education and Development is pleased to offer several learning activities, including consultation services and workshop facilitation, which will assist employees and support members of management who wish to implement effective change management practices. We have a team of facilitators certified in the Prosci change management methodology ready to assist you. Contact email@example.com for more information or to arrange a workshop for your department.
The suite of change management services include:
Change Management Consultation
This consultation is designed for supervisors and managers. Using the Change Management Toolkit from Prosci®, a change management research organization, an organizational and individual model for change will be discussed as well as the fundamental elements of a strategic change management plan. Practical and simple strategies for addressing the needs of employees during times of change will be detailed. Participants will receive assessments used to determine their organization’s readiness for change, individual readiness for change, and their change management competencies.
- Prosci Employee Orientation to Change
Audience: Anyone impacted by change.
Successful change relies on the acceptance and engagement of employees, one individual at a time. This half-day program is based on the Employee’s Survival Guide to Change and the Prosci ADKAR model.
- Gain a feeling of control over the change process.
- Learn the concepts of change management.
- Understand how to use the ADKAR model as a change tool.
- Engage in the changes underway in the organization
- Prosci Change Management Coaching Program
Audience: Managers and supervisors who are helping their employees transition through change.
According to Prosci research studies with more than 3,400 participants, managers and supervisors play one of the most critical roles in helping employees through change. Prosci’s Change Management Coaching Program focuses on the power of individual coaching, how to avoid common manager mistakes, and techniques for managing resistance.
- Learn to use the ADKAR Model to coach individual employees through change.
- Take part in role plays and exercises to learn how to manage employee resistance.
- Be able to lead employees through both radical and incremental change.
- Change Management Sponsor Program
Audience: Executives and senior leaders that serve as sponsors of change.
Active and visible sponsorship is the number one contributor to overall project success. This 6 hour program will help your leaders embrace their role in the change process. They will discover that “visible and active sponsorship” is more than simply authorizing resources or providing funding.
- Learn the critical connection between change management and business results.
- Fully understand the role of effective executive sponsorship.
- Be able to build support among key business leaders.
- Strategically position their projects for success.
Change Assessment Instruments:
- MBTI Type and Change
This activity can be provided for a single individual or an entire department upon request. Applying the picture of personality provided by psychological type to organizational change provides a helpful perspective on how we react to change. Type helps people understand these different reactions and needs. Nominal fee for instrument and interpretation applies.
Audience: Teams impacted by change.
The Change Style Indicator® is a change management assessment designed to measure preferred styles in approaching and dealing with change. The assessment addresses both initiated and imposed change and places the respondent on a continuum between Conserver and Originator with Pragmatist in the center. The three styles display distinct differences and preferences when approaching change.
Special Programs for Staff
- The Staff Professional Development Program is intended for staff who are not eligible to attend the Middle Management Advance, i.e., anyone whose position is classified as PSS 1 through 5 or equivalent. This annual program includes two keynote speeches on topics of general interest and development potential for the audience. Participation is coordinated by each vice chancellor’s human resources office and VC area departments. Invitations are extended once a year, and enrollment is via the UC Learning Center.
- New Employee Orientation gives an overview of UC San Diego’s structure through presentations from various campus departments. It occurs several times a year, and new employees automatically receive a letter of invitation.
- Conversations with Campus Leaders
- Culturally Competent Management Program
- Perspectives from Executive Leadership
Below are links to vendors and a brief list of some of the courses offered. Please contact the vendor directly for more information about their courses. This information is not provided as an endorsement of specific vendors, but as an aid for finding alternate training options.
The American Management Association is dedicated to building the knowledge, skills and behaviors that will help business professionals and their organizations grow and prosper.
Topics are listed. Each topic has a link to several seminars with ratings and descriptions.
11221 Roe Avenue, Leawood, KS 66211
Fred Pryor and CareerTrack offer a variety of management and professional skill development courses in on-line, self-study and seminar formats.
The catalog includes workshop descriptions, dates, locations and cost.
P.O. Box 2951, Shawnee Mission, KS 66201
The IMS programs offer participants the opportunity to interact with, and learn from, some of the world's leading management thinkers on an ongoing basis. Your employees will become more effective and improve their decision-making skills.
National Seminars Group, a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Inc., is one of the nation's leading providers of continuing education. Besides offering a full range of training skills to all professional levels through one-day and two-day seminars and conferences, they also offer highly-acclaimed books, audiocassette, videocassette and CD-ROM training products for individuals, teams, departments or corporate reference libraries.
P.O. Box 419107, Kansas City, MO 64141-6107
SkillPath Seminars offer a variety of management and professional skill development courses in on-line, self-study and seminar formats.
6900 Squibb Rd, P.O. Box 2768, Mission, KS 66201-2768