- Faculty orientation - New faculty members are expected to attend two orientation sessions:
- Fall session: Introduction to campus
- Winter session: Promotion and advancement process
- Find a mentor - Departments can vary greatly from each other. Get department-specific guidance with a Faculty Mentor.
- Life on campus - Learn about arts, organizations and other offerings
- Parking and Transportation - Find the best way for you to get to campus
- News and Information - Keep current with campus activity
- Benefits orientation - Introduction to benefits and an opportunity to have questions answered
- Benefits information on Blink
- At Your Service, University of California's comprehensive website, has benefits news and information, and online tools for retirement and benefits transactions.
- For further questions about faculty benefits, contact your department's management services officer (MSO) or Academic Personnel representative, or your UCSD Benefits representative.
- Housing Resources offers links to information about housing resources for faculty and staff.
- Search online for faculty sabbatical rentals and other vacancies.
- La Jolla del Sol offers off-campus condominium rentals for faculty and other eligible individuals.
- Faculty housing assistance includes the Mortage Origination Program and the Faculty Recruitment Allowance Program (eligibility is limited).
DisAbility Counseling and Consulting (DCC) assists with job accommodations, vocational rehabilitation, and other disability-related issues.
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) offers individual counseling as well as classes and seminars.
- FSAP also offers eldercare resources.
- The Ombuds Office facilitates communication and assists people with concerns that arise at the university.
- Get help with conflict management and resolution.
- The Partner opportunities Program provides career and relocation resources in the San Diego area, as well as specific program benefits for dual-career family couples.
- Southern California HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium) promotes awareness of employment opportunities for dual-career couples and others.
- The UCSD Emeriti Association offers a variety of benefits and services for retired faculty.
- Child care resources include part- and full-time day care, camps, recreation programs, a lactation program, and referrals to area child care providers.
- Read about the flexible workload program for assistant ladder-rank faculty with substantial parental responsibilities.