If you work, teach, or study at UCSD — and have kids, too — these campus resources especially for UCSD faculty and staff can help you manage it all.
Day care and enrichment
Full-time child care
- Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC): Offers weekday care for children 3 months to 6 years old, with 5 age-appropriate developmental programs. (There may be waiting lists for all age groups.) The center offers full-time enrollment only. Parents who meet income guidelines may be eligible for subsidized care, and an after-hours program is available.
Part-time child care
- Mesa Child Development Center: Offers morning or afternoon sessions for preschoolers who are children of UCSD affiliates or parents in the community.
- Child care referrals: Find referrals to infant/ toddler home-care programs, child care centers, preschool programs, and other off-campus child care in the San Diego community.
- Lactation accommodation: Learn about UCSD lactation services and policy, and find facilities available to nursing mothers on campus.
- Oversight committee: UCSD's Child Care Oversight Committee provides a focus for child care concerns within the campus community.
- Resources for Student Parents: UCSD Health, Recreation and Wellbeing partners with the UCSD Grad Parents Network and the UCSD Undergrad Student Parents Network to support student academic achievement.
- Resources for expectant parents: Find information about disability income, leaves of absence, and a workshop for parents-to-be.
- UCSD camps and enrichment programs
- UC San Diego Babysitting Resource
Expecting? Check Resources for Expectant Parents for information on leaves of absence, disability benfits, and a workshop that explains it all.