New Employee Orientation: Campus Life
Last Updated: May 3, 2016 11:10:29 AM PDT
A university is a work environment like no other. Make the most of it.
Catch a concert, watch a play, attend a lecture, or simply stroll through the campus and enjoy its natural beauty. For a more rigorous workout, visit the first-class recreation facilities and classes. And don’t forget to participate in UCSD’s diverse staff associations and community centers.
Arts and entertainment
- La Jolla Playhouse produces innovative new scripts, classic works, and musicals.
- Mandeville Center hosts a variety of dance, musical, and other University events.
- Music Department presents orchestral, choral, and ensemble works.
- Price Center Theatre hosts special events, films, and lectures.
- Stuart Collection enriches the UCSD campus with a unique collection of sculpture.
- Theatre and Dance Department stages student theatrical and dance productions.
- UCSD Box Office sells tickets, including discounted tickets for movies and amusement parks.
- University Art Gallery displays works from contemporary artists to touring exhibitions.
- University Events Calendar lists campus activities.
- University Events Office presents world music, dance, films, chamber music, and concerts.
Faculty Club serves lunch to members and their guests, and hosts special events.
Recreation offers recreation classes, programs and facilities throughout campus:
Staff associations encourage employees to network and get involved in campus life:
UCSD Community Centers support diversity and understanding through programs and services:
- Aquatic facilities
- Archery range
- Ball fields
- Climbing center
- Main gym complex
- Mission Bay Aquatic Center
- Multipurpose fields
- Basketball, volleyball, and tennis courts
- Par course
- Recreation, IntraMural, Athletic Complex (RIMAC)
- Track and Field Stadium
Contact Employee Relations, Policy Development and Work/ Life, (858) 534-9659.