UC San Diego is a world leading research institution with many departments dedicated to helping you navigate the requirements of a successful research career. While legal necessities impose divisions between these departments, Blink is organized by topic, not department. You don't need to know which department is responsible for supporting your current stage of research in order to find the information you need.
- Lab Safety: Ensure the safety of your colleagues and research. Review the online Laboratory Safety Manual for policies, procedures, and resources for campus research and teaching laboratories.
- Research Oversight/ IRBS: Find links to guidance on working with animal subjects, human subjects, and stem cells.
- Risk Management: Find liability, loss control, and legal resources for managing risk.
- Conflict of Interest: Find guidance relating to conflict of interest in research. Learn what must be disclosed when.
- Export Control: The international transfer of information and goods is regulated by U.S. law. Protect yourself from criminal and civil penalties including fines and imprisonment.
- Visit the Research tab for detailed guidance on the research process, including: