Standards of performance are written statements describing how well a job should be performed. Performance standards are developed collaboratively with employees whenever possible, and explained to new employees during the first month on the job.
- How to Write Performance Standards includes step-by-step instructions.
- Guide to Performance Management provides supervisors, work leaders, and managers with useful information and step-by-step guidelines to performance management, including writing performance standards.
- About Conflict Management explains the informal conflict resolution process.
- Employee Relations, a division of the UCSD Human Resources Department, works with departments to review performance standards to ensure compliance with policies and collective bargaining agreements.
UCSD Staff Education and Development provides training about performance standards and the importance of having them. Sign up for any of the following classes through UC Learning Center:
- Performance Management
- Supervisory Training Laboratory
- Work Leader Training Laboratory
- Developing Your Assertive Skills
- Managing Workplace Conflict
Also, Staff Education and Development will provide customized instruction to supervisors and their employees about how to create and use performance standards.
- Videos: The Human Touch Performance Appraisal, The Practical Coach, Manager of the Year, The Front of the Class, The Unorganized Manager I and II, Accountability that Works.