The Staff Association creates community, champions staff interests, and provides opportunities for professional networking and development. All UC San Diego staff members are a part of the UC San Diego Staff Association. In addition to the Staff Association, UC San Diego also offers a number of staff affiliate groups who help create community through events, programs and collaboration.
Staff Affiliate Groups:
- Black Staff Association (BSA): A group dedicated to creating a supportive campus environment for Black faculty, staff, and students.
- CADRE (Community Advocates for Disability Rights and Education): A UCSD association that promotes full inclusion and equal opportunity for people with disabilities.
- Chicano/ Latino Staff Association (CLSA): Provides activities and opportunities to assist in the retention, professional development, and promotion of Chicano/ Latino staff at UCSD.
- Diversity Staff Association (DSA): The focus is to educate and bring diverse people together for the purpose of promoting acceptance, tolerance, understanding, and tearing down barriers.
- Faculty and Staff Christian Fellowship: An interdenominational group of Christians who meet together regularly.
- Native American Council at UCSD: Envisions education and community as a partnership in which all participants work toward greater understanding and respect for the richness and diversity of Native American cultures.
- Pan-Asian Staff Association (PASA): Focuses on the needs of UCSD's diverse Asian communities.
- Staff Sustainability Network (SSN): Fosters sustainability efforts on campus and in the local community.
- Retirement Association: Opportunity for retired staff and faculty to stay engaged with the campus.
- UJIMA Network: An alliance of black faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community at UCSD.
- UCSD LGBT Staff and Faculty Association: A faculty and staff association for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender employees.
- Veterans Staff Association: Supports veterans in the UCSD community through programs beneficial to all UCSD employees.
- Visual Arts Group: Supports artistic expression in the UC San Diego communition with art shows .