American Indian Faculty and Staff Association
January 15, 2013 11:09:26 AM PST
Learn about the UCSD American Indian Faculty and Staff Association.
Contact Robin Wilson or any of the 2011-2012 Officers below for current information on Native American community events.
The UCSD American Indian Faculty and Staff Association (AIFSA) invites you to join our growing organization. AIFSA welcomes anyone who has an interest in "Native American" culture and wishes to be a part of a fun and dynamic resource to faculty and staff.
Your participation is vital to help the AIFSA reach its goals to:
- Raise awareness and appreciation for the contributions made by American Indians
- Provide education and informational programs to the campus and community
- Inform the AIFSA membership, campus and community of current trends, issues, and developments related to American Indians
- Encourage and promote recruitment, career development, retention, promotion, and networking opportunities for American Indians
- Provide information about appropriate campus and community resources for American Indians
How to join
E-mail Robin Wilson to request that your name be added to the membership list. You'll receive information about AIFSA activities and programs.
Benefits of joining AIFSA:
- Participate in fun activities, outings and outreach events that promote understanding and awareness of "Native American" culture
- Scholarship funds available to active AIFSA members for career and professional development
- Networking opportunities to meet colleagues from both the university and community environments
- Resources on issues affecting American Indians and the university
American Indian education