UC San Diego SearchMenu

How to Request Facilities Management Services

Campus customers can request building alterations, repairs, maintenance, cleaning, landscape, sign fabrication services or special refuse pickups by phone or online.

Expand all

If your request is urgent, call the Customer Relations help desk.

  • For urgent requests during business hours (7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays), call the Customer Relations help desk, (858) 534-2930.
  • For urgent requests after business hours, call (858) 534-2930, and your call will be forwarded to a voice-messaging system.
    • For non-emergency after-hours requests, leave a message on voice mail for processing the following business day.
    • For emergencies, you will be instructed to dial “03” to forward your call to the Central Utilities Plant for immediate response. Be prepared to provide detailed information so the Central Plant operator can assess the situation.

To check the status of a telephone maintenance service request, contact the Customer Relations help desk, (858) 534-2930.

If your request is not urgent, submit an online work request.

To request non-urgent building alterations, repairs, maintenance, cleaning, or sign fabrication services, complete an online work request:

  1. Visit the FM customer portal.
  2. Log in using your Single Sign-On account.
  3. Click New Request at the top left of the web page.
  4. Submit the completed form. For help, see How to Complete an Online Work Request (PDF).

From the list of your work orders on the main page of the portal, you can:

  • Check the status of a work order
  • Send and receive messages
  • View billing information

If you have difficulty, see Following up on Work Orders (PDF).

Expand all

Note: This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/landscape