How to Set Up a Conference Call (digital phones)
Last Updated: December 20, 2016 7:11:19 AM PST
You can use this feature to include up to 8 individuals in a conference call. If you need more than 2 additional off-campus parties on your call, see the Teleconference instructions.
Note: The information on this page is generally applicable to most phone models at UCSD. You may need to check specific information about your phone and the features available to you.
- Call the first person you want to include in the conference call.
- Press the available line button. For instance, if you placed the first call on access 1, press access 2.
- On this second line, dial the number of the second person you want to add to the conference call. If the number is off campus, include your authorization code.
- After the second person answers, press 3.
- Listen for the conference tone — a long beep. This beep indicates that the second person has joined the first person on the conference line.
Note: You may include a maximum of two external calls. If you need more external calls, check the teleconference instructions.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to include up to a total of 8 parties to the conference call (this includes a maximum of 2 external calls).
Note: If you call a party whose line is busy or who does not answer:
- Disconnect by hanging up
- Press the line (Access 1 or 2) of the first call to rejoin the first party or the conference.
To ask questions, request a service, or report an issue, contact the ITS Service Desk
, (858) 246-4357 or ext. 6-HELP.