How to Set Up a Conference Call (analog phones)
Last Updated: December 20, 2016 7:11:48 AM PST
You can use this feature to include up to eight individuals in a conference call. If you need more than two additional off-campus parties on your call, see the instructions.
If you need more than two additional off-campus parties on your call, see the Teleconference instructions.Note: The information on this page is generally applicable to most phone models at UCSD. You may need to check specific information about your phone and the features available to you.
- Call the first person you want to include in the conference call.
- Press the R or Lightning Bolt or Flash button.
- Listen for the recall dial tone (3 beeps and a dial tone).
- Dial the number of the second person. Include your authorization code if the phone number is off campus.
- When the second person answers, press 3.
- Listen for the conference tone — a long beep. This beep indicates that the second person has joined the first person on the conference line.
Note: You may include a maximum of 2 off-campus calls. If you need more off-campus calls, check the teleconference instructions.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to include up to a total of 8 parties in the conference call (this includes a maximum of 2 external calls).
Note: If you call a party whose line is busy or who does not answer:
- Cancel the second party by pressing the R or Lightning Bolt or Flash button once.
- Listen for the recall dial tone.
- Rejoin the first person or the conference by pressing the R or Lightning Bolt or Flash button again.
To ask questions, request a service, or report an issue, contact the ITS Service Desk
, (858) 246-4357 or ext. 6-HELP.