The Donor and Fund Stewardship Office seeks to strengthen ongoing relationships with the university's donors by providing timely communication about gift funds and supporting the appropriate use of those funds.
Supports the production of:
- Receipt letters
- Acknowledgement letters
- First-time donor acknowledgement
- Honor and memorial acknowledgements
- Employer matching gift reminders and acknowledgements
Helps you oversee funds by:
- Ensuring compliance with UC and UCSD policies
- Informing units about the purpose and appropriate use of gift funds, upon request
- Providing annual endowed fund reports that show market value, gift inflows, and payout
- Providing campus leadership with filled/ unfilled endowed chair reports
- Sustaining donor relations by partnering with Development to create Impact Reports
- Providing financial information to gift funds through an online dashboard
- Analyzing current use fund activity
Individual donors can be honored by naming university property, a program, or facility. Donor Stewardship facilitates the approvals for naming agreements.
- Donor Stewardship partners with Campus Planning to maintain a comprehensive campus list of donor namings
Donor and Fund Stewardship helps facilitate the approval process for endowed chairs by:
- Maintaining comprehensive records about endowed chairs, their purpose, approval, and funds associated with the chairs.
- Facilitating any changes made to endowed chair names, purposes, or terms (these are rare)
- Working with Development and other campus representatives seeking to establish chairs
- Monitoring and identifying chairs that are unfilled for an extended period or have accumulated income
Endowed Chair policy:
- APM-191 UC Endowed Chairs and Professorships (PDF)
- PPM-230-8 Endowed Chairs and Professorships (PDF)
- About Endowed Chairs
The Support Group Office oversees the creation and compliance of any group or organization whose primary purpose is to assist the campus through fundraising, public outreach, and other support for the university’s mission.
- See more about UCSD Support Groups.