Please note: Passport cards may only be used for land and sea travel from U.S. to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
Hours and Location
Mail Services accepts walk-in passport applications weekdays 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. The Passport Acceptance Office is at Mail Services in the Campus Services Complex, Building A (map). Please contact Mail Services Passport Acceptance Service, (858) 534-1164 for more information.
Application guidelines and materials
Read the U.S. State Department passport information and bring these items to your appointment:
- A completed application: Available online (PDF) or at Mail Services
- Proof of your U.S. citizenship and identity
- Two 2"X2" passport photos, available at:
- Passport Acceptance Office, $10
- Checks or money orders for each of the required fees:
- Application fee, $15 - $140: Make your check payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- Execution fee, $25: Make your check payable to UC Regents.
Routine processing takes 4 to 6 weeks. Request expedited service for faster processing and overnight delivery service for faster delivery after processing. The fees for these services are payable to the U.S. Department of State in addition to application fees.
Additional information is available in our Passport FAQs.