Note: Passport cards may only be used for land and sea travel from U.S. to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean.\
Hours and Location
Mail Services accepts walk-in passport applications weekdays 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. and every second Saturday of the month 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. The Passport Acceptance Office is at Mail Services in the Campus Services Complex, Building A (map). Please contact Mail Services Passport Acceptance Service, (858) 534-1164 for more information.
**Due to the high volume of customers and mailing deadlines we cannot guarantee the acceptance of all walk-in applicants, and may have to unexpectedly lock our doors sooner than 3pm on any given day of the week. We reccommened you arriving no later than 2pm to guarantee enough time to process your application(s).
Application guidelines and materials
Read the U.S. State Department passport information and bring these items to your appointment:
- A completed application: Available online (PDF) or at Mail Services
- Proof of your U.S. citizenship and identity
- Two 2"X2" passport photos, available at:
- Passport Acceptance Office, $10 (set of 2)
- Each additional set of photos - $5.00 (set of 2)
- Two forms of payment for each of the required fees:
- Application fee, $15 - $140: Make your check(s) payable to the U.S. Department of State. Each application must have it's OWN SEPARATE check or money order.
- Execution fee, $25: Make your check(s) payable to UC Regents. Can be combined onto one check for all applicants, or paid cash.
Routine processing takes 4 to 6 weeks. Request expedited service for faster processing and overnight delivery service for faster delivery after processing. The fees for these services are payable to the U.S. Department of State in addition to application fees.
Additional information is available in our Passport FAQs.