Applying for a Passport
May 14, 2013 3:25:41 PM PDT
Find out how to apply for a passport on campus. Students, staff, faculty, and community members who are U.S. citizens can apply for U.S. passport books and cards at UCSD's Passport Acceptance Office.
Please note: Passport cards may only be used for land and sea travel from U.S. to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
Hours and Location
Mail Services accepts walk-in passport applications weekdays 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. The Passport Acceptance Office is at Mail Services in the Campus Services Complex, Building A (map). Please contact Mail Services Passport Acceptance Service, (858) 534-1164 for more information.
Application guidelines and materials
Read the U.S. State Department passport information and bring these items to your appointment:
- A completed application: Available online (PDF) or at Mail Services
- Proof of your U.S. citizenship and identity
- Two 2"X2" passport photos, available at:
- Passport Acceptance Office, $10
- Checks or money orders for each of the required fees:
- Application fee, $15 - $140: Make your check payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- Execution fee, $25: Make your check payable to UC Regents.
Routine processing takes 4 to 6 weeks. Request expedited service for faster processing.