Note: No appointment necessary. Walk-in only
Hours and Location
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm and the first and second Saturday of every month 8:00 am - 2:00 pm*
*Note: Passports will be open every Saturday in March and April from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Passport Acceptance Office is at Mail Services in the Campus Services Complex, Building A (map).
Note: Due to the high volume of customers and mailing deadlines we cannot guarantee the acceptance of all walk-in applicants, and may have to unexpectedly lock our doors sooner than 3 pm on any given day of the week. We recommend you arrive before 2:30 pm to have enough time to process your application.
Application guidelines and materials
Each applicant (including minors) must appear in person with the following materials:
- A completed application: Available online (PDF) or at Mail Services
- Proof of U.S. citizenship: Original or Certified copy of Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization or a previous passport.
- Proof of Identity: Valid Driver License, State issued ID, Official U.S. military ID card or Government employee ID card
- Two 2" X 2" passport photos, available at Passport Acceptance Office: $10 (set of 2), $5.00 each additional set
- Two forms of payment for each of the required fees:
- Application fee, $15 - $140: Make your check(s) payable to the U.S. Department of State. Each application must have a separate check or money order.
- Execution fee, $25: Make your check(s) payable to UC Regents. Can be combined onto one check for all applicants, or paid cash.
Children 15 and younger should have both parents present. If a parent can't be present then parental consent is required.
Routine processing takes 4 to 6 weeks. Expedited processing takes 2-3 weeks. Expedited services have a $60.00 fee per application. The fee for this service is payable to the U.S. Department of State in addition to application fees.
More information about applying for US passport book or card is available at the Department of State passport website.