May 31, 2013 11:15:55 AM PDT
UCSD provides paid time off for holidays for eligible employees.
UCSD provides 13 paid holidays a year, listed below. To find the dates that they will be observed this year, see the payroll calendar. A holiday that falls on Saturday is typically observed on the preceding Friday; a holiday that falls on Sunday is typically observed on the following Monday.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, observed on the third Monday in January
- Presidents Day, observed on the third Monday in February
- César Chávez Day: observed on the last Friday in March
- Memorial Day, observed on the last Monday in May
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Dec. 24 (or equivalent)
- Christmas Day
- Dec. 31 (or equivalent)
Download the calendar
If you use Outlook, you can download the 2013 calendar .ics file and add these holidays to your calendar:
- Click the calendar .ics link.
- Save the .ics file on your computer.
- Go to Outlook and click on the File tab -> Open -> Import.
- Hilight Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar (.vcs) file and click Next.
- Browse to the file you just saved.
- Click OK.
- Select Open as New to create a separate holidays calendar or Import to import the holidays into your existing calendar.
For more information, speak with your supervisor, HR contact in your department, or the Employee Relations specialist
for your vice chancellor area.
Note: This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/paidholidays
Notice: The information on this page summarizes provisions of university policies and/or collective
bargaining agreements. Refer to the Personnel Policies for Staff
Members (PPSM) or applicable collective bargaining
agreement for full text of referenced information.