The university provides 13 paid holidays a year, listed below. To find the dates that they will be observed this year, see the payroll calendar. A holiday that falls on Saturday is typically observed on the preceding Friday; a holiday that falls on Sunday is typically observed on the following Monday.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, observed on the third Monday in January
- Presidents' Day, observed on the third Monday in February
- César Chávez Day: observed on the last Friday in March
- Memorial Day, observed on the last Monday in May
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve (or equivalent)
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Eve (or equivalent)
Download the calendar
If you use Outlook, you can download the 2015 calendar .ics file and add these holidays to your calendar:
- Download this calendar .ics file file to your computer.
- Go to Outlook and click on the File tab -> Open -> Import.
- Hilight Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar (.vcs) file and click Next.
- Browse to the file you just saved.
- Click OK.
- Select Open as New to create a separate holidays calendar or Import to import the holidays into your existing calendar.