Official campus closure
During the 2016 holiday season, UC San Diego (excluding the hospitals and clinics) will officially close for seven (7) days between Monday, December 26, 2016 and Tuesday, January 3, 2017. This closure will result in significant energy savings from reduced operations.
The closure period includes four (4) University paid holidays (December 26, 27, 2016 and January 2, 3, 2017). Staff employees must charge any working days during the closure period not covered by paid holidays to accrued vacation, accrued compensatory time off (non-exempt only), or leave without pay. Academic employees on fiscal year appointments must charge the time off to accrued vacation or leave without pay.
Non-represented employees who do not have accrued vacation or accrued compensatory time off to cover the three (3) working days during the closure (December 28, 29 and 30, 2016) may request a one-time advance of up to three (3) days of vacation to cover the absence. Non-represented employees who elect to take leave without pay for up to three (3) days of the closure period will continue to accrue vacation and sick leave credits. For exclusively represented employees, these closure days will be handled in accordance with the existing contract provisions or collective bargaining agreements where applicable.
UC San Diego departments and units that need to remain open during the closure period must notify their respective vice chancellors to do so.
See the campus notice for more information.
Departments with alternate closure schedules
This page will also list departments and facilities with exceptions to the standard closure schedule. Note that regular business hours resume Wednesday, Jan 4, unless otherwise noted. To add an item to the list, contact Workplace Technology Services.
Integrated Procure-to-Pay Solutions (IPPS)
December 16, 2016 is the deadline in order to include payments in the 2016 calendar year. This includes MyPayments transactions.
- Human Subject Payment requests with required approvals including Scrip orders, Visa Gift Card requests and Cash Advance requests
- Wire Transfer requests
- Subrecipient invoices must be faxed in with required approvals by December 16
- Supplier invoices will be processed within payment terms prior to the campus closure
- Processing will resume on January 4, 2017
Express Card Program
To allow campus customers additional time for redistribution of transactions due to the closure period:
- Transactions with an IFIS posting date of December 23, 2016 through January 10, 2017 are being modified to extend the IFIS posting date to January 11, 2017.
- For emergencies during the holiday closure, contact US Bank Customer Service at (800) 344-5696.
- For declines or card limit questions contact us through BFSupport (login required). During the closure there will be limited monitoring of incoming support requests.
Travel & EntertainmentDecember 1, 2016 is the deadline to include payments/ charges in calendar year 2016:
- Meetings, entertainment, and programmatic activities; MyEvents: Completed and approved with required attachments
- Travel prepayment requests, and claims, including mileage; MyTravel: Completed and approved with required attachments
Note: Due to Payroll reporting deadlines, claims for employee moves, or trips including taxable payments/ reimbursements must be received by November 17th. Claims with taxable amounts submitted after deadlines will be processed for payment in January 2017.
Travel Event Planner (TEP) Card transactions with an IFIS posting date of December 23, 2016 through January 10, 2017 will be modified to reflect the new posting date of January 11, 2017.
Travel Card or Travel Event Planner (TEP) Card:
- Declines, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that during the closure there will be limited monitoring of incoming requests.
- Emergencies, contact US Bank Customer Service at (800) 344-5696.
Procurement & Contracts
- New Marketplace Supplier Request Forms: Completed online supplier request forms should be received no later than Monday, December 5, 2016, to ensure the supplier profile is created in Marketplace before the break
- iRequests: iRequests should be submitted no later than Monday, December 12, 2016 to be reviewed by a Commodity Manager or Professional Buyer before the break
- Small Business Development Office: Requests for small business plans should be submitted no later than Friday, December, 9, 2016
Small Business Plans, new supplier requests, and iRequests received after these deadlines will occur on or shortly after the campus re-opens for business on Wednesday, January 4, 2017. Note: Additional approvals or extenuating circumstances may cause delays.
Emergency procurement will be handled only during campus closure/ non-holiday dates (December 28th, 29th, & 30th). To request emergency procurement:
- Report emergency via the BFSupport tool (login required)
- Include "URGENT – PROCUREMENT" in the subject line
- State the reason for the procurement emergency
2016-17 Holiday Schedule (PDF) for the following IPPS Logistics units:
- Central Receiving & Distribution
- Moving Services
- Surplus Sales
- Self Store
Please plan accordingly. If there are any questions and/or concerns, you may contact us via BFSupport (login required).
Resource Management & Planning
The following RMP units will have minimal staffing and limited services from December 26, 2015 through January 3, 2016.
Environment, Health and Safety
For EH&S related emergencies, contact 9-1-1 or 858-534-4357 (HELP) and a Campus Dispatcher will summon EH&S responders. For EH&S limited services during the campus closure period, contact 858-534-3660 and your call will be referred to an appropriate team member for follow-up.
Facilities Design and Construction
Contact (858) 200-6027 for emergency services.
FM will provide adequate staff to cover campus emergencies and to perform special projects that can only be handled during low occupancy levels. For emergency services, please contact the Central Utilities Plant at (858) 534-3250 or 3251 and your call will be referred to an appropriate team member for response.
Open from 6:30 a.m. to midnight with minimal staffing from December 28 through December 30.
Open for minimal bus route service for the Medical Center and Coaster from December 28 to December 30.
The front counter will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. from December 28 to December 30. The Police Department will be open and can be reached at (858) 534-4357 for emergency services.