Tell the student to submit a completed Undergraduate General Student Petition
to the Department/ Program Student Affairs Office.
- Explain that the petition should include the course number(s)and indicate that the course is upper or lower division. Supporting documentation such as syllabi, course descriptions, and written student work may be required.
- After you receive Department/ Program signatures(in appropriate Approved or Denied boxes), distribute the petition according to the directions on the form.
Tell students to submit a completed Undergraduate General Student Petition
to their College Academic Advising Office.
- Explain that the petition should include the course number(s) and indicate that the course is upper or lower division.Supporting documentation such as syllabi, course descriptions and written student work may be required.
- If your department/ program governs the course in question or needs to verify content, obtain the appropriate signatures in the Approved or Denied boxes, then send the entire petition to the student's college.
- If you're not sure your department/ program needs to take action on the petition, contact the student's college for verification.
Read about Double Majors
on the Academic Senate website for full regulations.
Departments receive the Double Major Petition and:
- Review the student's quarter by quarter plan.
- Verify that the student meets all requirements for the major.
- Sign or obtain appropriate department signatures on the petition.
- Send petition with all copies intact to either the other department listed, or to the student's college advising office for final approval.
Direct students to declare a minor using the Major/ Minor tool in TritonLink.
- Designated academic advisors will process the minor request and either approve or disapprove the request.
- When reviewing the request, check all of the requirements for your department/ program. You may need to contact students who didn't provide enough information.
Direct students to use the Undergraduate General Student Petition
and complete their request to the department or college.
- Remind students that supporting documentation such as syllabi, course description, or student work must be included with the petition for review.
- If petitioning to clear a college requirement, direct students to their college Academic Advising Office.
- If petitioning to clear a department/ program requirement, obtain appropriate signatures in the Approved or Denied box and distribute the petition according to the directions on the form.
Department exceptions: please contact ODaPA at email@example.com.
College exceptions: Contact the appropriate College Dean of Advising: