Emergency Resources for Academic Advisors
Last Updated: April 14, 2017 2:21:44 PM PDT
Academic advisors, see emergency resources you can provide to students who share personal information with you, or express frustration and anger. Call on these resources for assistance, or refer students to them.
Police services include:
- Community alerts
- Copies of police reports
- Crime prevention and reporting
- Good conduct letters
- Safety escorts
- Workplace violence education and prevention
For more information, see Police Services.
Contact the appropriate college or the Graduate Division about disciplinary matters:
- Thurgood Marshall College Dean of Student Affairs
Wendy Bashant, (858) 534-4397
- Muir College Dean of Student Affairs
Patricia Mahaffey, (858) 534-3587
- Revelle College Dean of Student Affairs
Sherry Mallory, (858) 534-3492
- Eleanor Roosevelt Dean of Student Affairs
Patricia Scott, (858) 534-2237
- Sixth College Dean of Student Affairs
Diane LeGree, (858) 822-5966
- Earl Warren College Dean of Student Affairs
Paul DeWine, (858) 534-4731
- Graduate Division Assistant Dean Graduate Student Affairs
April Bjornsen, (858) 534-3550
- Emergency preparedness training
- Risk management programs
- Safety training
- Ergonomic awareness
- Research safety tips
For more information, see Environment, Health & Safety.
Workshops and staff education courses on topics such as:
ISPO provides comprehensive advising and information regarding the following international student issues:
The Ombuds Office assists by:
- Providing confidential, neutral, and informal dispute resolution for the UCSD community
- Facilitating communication and assisting parties in reaching mutually acceptable agreements
- Reporting general trends on issues and providing feedback
- Advocating systems change when appropriate without disclosing confidential communications
- Operating independently of ordinary line and staff structures
For more information, see Office of the Ombuds.
Promotes students' personal, social, and emotional growth through:
- Short-term counseling for individuals and groups
- Psychoeducational workshops
- Referral services
- Crisis intervention
- Preventive outreach and consultation services to the UCSD community
For more information, see Counseling and Psychological Services.
For student-related conduct matters, contact Director Ben White, Office of Student Conduct, (858) 534-6225.