October 25, 2012 3:08:24 PM PDT
Find out about counseling and other services provided to faculty and staff through the Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP).
How to make an appointment
To make an appointment with FSAP, choose one of these options:
Who is eligible?
- Campus Faculty: All faculty members, deans, faculty chairs, department managers and principal investigators can obtain confidential counseling and consultation from FSAP.
- Campus Staff: FSAP offers its confidential services to full-time, part-time, temporary and some contract employees.
- Others: UC San Diego retirees, family members of UC San Diego employees, and all visiting scholars and postdoctoral fellows employed by the university can access FSAP's services.
FSAP offers a variety of services and resources to help individuals and departments with a range of issues, including trauma recovery, wellness, grief and violence. See a complete list of services:
- For individuals, couples and families:
- Confidential individual sessions
- Counseling, assessment, referral and client advocacy
- Conflict resolution
- Eldercare resources and support
- Brief, solution-oriented counseling and case management covering issues such as anxiety, alcohol- or drug-related concerns, depression, emotional problems, family concerns, financial difficulties, gambling, legal problems, occupational decisions, stress, marital or other relationship difficulties, violence
- For supervisors:
- Supervisor and management consultation
- Critical incident debriefing
- Customized department workshops and training
- Guidance on working effectively with troubled employees
- Professional expertise on human behavior in the workplace
- For groups:
- Confidentiality: The content of any FSAP session is confidential.
- Fees: All services are free.
- Location: FSAP is in Torrey Pines Center South, Suite 406, across North Torrey Pines Road from the northwest end of campus (map). Shuttle service from campus is available via the Campus Loop Shuttle.
- Hours: FSAP is open weekdays from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Appointments in the early morning or after 5 p.m. can be arranged with individual counselors.
For more information on the above services, call (858) 534-5523.
Note: This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/fsap
Notice: The information on this page summarizes provisions of university policies and/or collective
bargaining agreements. Refer to the Personnel Policies for Staff
Members (PPSM) or applicable collective bargaining
agreement for full text of referenced information.