QueryLink is a Web-based tool that allows authorized staff to retrieve data from UC San Diego's Data Warehouse without knowing a programming language. The available data includes financial, student,and payroll/ personnel information.
Getting to QueryLink
Click the Queries button on the left column of any of the following systems: EmployeeLink, FinancialLink, DataLink, and Blink Student/ Class Info. To make sure you have proper UC San Diego authorization to get to QueryLink, check with your Departmental Security Administrator (DSA).
When you use QueryLink, no programming is required. QueryLink's easy-to-use features let you:
- Predetermine the output results
- Select the sort sequence and summary levels
- View or save the generated SQL
- Set flexible parameters that include a full range of logical operators
- Show output results on a screen, as a tab-delimited Excel spreadsheet, Excel PivotTable, or in some instances, as an Excel graphics chart
- Create an impromptu calculated column.
Types of queries
- Easy queries: Most options are predetermined. This produces a standard type of report based on a few parameters that you input.
- Queries: You choose the options, which are completely flexible, so you are primarily in control of output results.
Learning to use QueryLink
- Read the introduction to using QueryLink.
- Review the PowerPoint tutorial at the top of the DataLink Queries Menu page.
- Take a class to get the basics and focus on information from specific databases. All classes are taught through UC Learning Center: Employee QueryLink, Financial QueryLink, and Student QueryLink.
- Click the Queries button on EmployeeLink, FinancialLink, DataLink, and Student/ Class Info tools to open a menu. Click the icon next to each query to see help information, overall tool features, and detailed instructions.
- See a Query example including results.
See what queries are available and how you can use them.