Barbecue Use and Storage
February 26, 2013 3:22:09 PM PST
Read about prohibitions and restrictions for use and storage of barbecues in UCSD facilities.
Note: Charcoal barbecues are prohibited in all UCSD facilities.
Barbecues and cooking devices may be used when these use and storage requirements are met:
- Do not leave lit barbecues unattended.
- Do not use barbecues above the ground floor of facilities.
- Operate barbecues at least 10 feet away from buildings and any combustible materials.
- Use only barbecues that operate with:
- LPG (liquefied petroleum gas, or propane)
- A UL-listed gas regulator
- Burners in good working condition
- Do not store barbecues or fuel:
- Inside living spaces
- On balconies or above ground patios
- Close LP or CNG (compressed natural gas) cylinder tank valves when not in use to prevent gas discharge or leaks.