Toner boxes must be taped up or in a container that is guaranteed not to spill. Resins, polymers and other chemicals in toners can be detrimental if inhaled or spilled, so toners will not be picked up if they are not in a contained and sealed package or container.
To recycle your empty toner, label the sealed package or container with "RECYCLE" on it and do one of the following:
- Preferred: hand the labeled toner to a Receiving & Distribution driver.
- Submit a case via BFSupport (login required).
- Select Primary Category: Ship, Receive, Mail, Recycle and Sub-Category: Toner & Pallet Recycling.
- Provide your name, index, pick-up location, and number of toners.
Note: there is no charge for the pick up of the toner; it is used for tracking purposes.
- If you are at an off-campus location that Receiving and Distribution does not deliver to but have a Mail Services mail code, put it with your mail pick up. Mail Services will bring it back to their office for Receiving and Distribution to pick-up.