Use these practical tools and resources to enhance the quality of the training sessions or meetings that you lead.
Note: These materials were designed by UCSD instructors. If you use them as-is, please give credit to UCSD Staff Education and Development.
- Basic Instructional Design Format (PDF): An outline for a generic, but interactive, course design
- Handout Template (PDF): A standard handout template that helps you create a common look and feel in your materials
- How to Design Training: Techniques to help you design training for individuals or groups at work
- How to Facilitate Discussions: Useful tips for resolving conflict during meetings, in the classrom, during coaching, and in many other workplace contexts
- Interactive Training Techniques (PDF): A collection of methods for engaging learners and making meetings more interactive
- Learning and Development Roundtable: This resource is for training and development managers, as well as anyone who wants to develop their own leadership skills or the leadership skills of others.
- Tried and True Icebreakers (PDF): A collection of popular icebreakers for meetings, classes, and presentations