These camps and programs held at UC San Diego are open to children of staff, faculty, students, returning families, and the community.
Also see Summer Camp Programs located at UCSD, which are not necessarily sponsored by the university.
Students may choose from lower division courses (1-99) offered during two 5-week sessions to:
- Get an early start on a college career
- Fulfill 1 year of language in only 9 weeks
- Take courses to prepare for Fall Quarter
- Accelerate time to graduate
- Residential and non-residential program
- Pre-college summer program
- Hands-on college subject matter courses
- Low student-to-teacher ratio
Based at UC San Diego's School of Global Policy and Strategy, this unique summer program challenges high school students to think globally.
- Participate in game-based role-playing focused on four global challenges that concern the U.S. and China.
- Foster problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Develop critical thinking about global policy issues.
- Learn diplomacy and conflict resolution techniques.
- Cultivate intercultural skills beyond the classroom through team-building activities and educational field trips.
- Experience lectures by world-renowned scholars on the U.S. and China.
Residential academic experience for top high school students in mathematics and science
Ages 5 and up
Sponsored by UCSD Recreation, includes general camps plus leadership, sports, and beach camps
- Conservatory, grades 10–12
- Young performers workshop, grades 2–12
- Young performers academy, grades 3–12
Located at the Mission Bay Aquatic Center
- Marine science
Trips and classes, including:
- Rock climbing
- Horseback riding
- Young Writer's Camp
- YWC — College Writing
- YWC — The College Admission Essay
Middle and high school
- Android app development
- Animation creation
- Skateboard creation
- Video production
- Summer STEAM workshops for middle and high school girls
- 1-week courses, 15 hours total, 3-hour classes
- Morning & afternoon sessions
- Week-long camps
- Day camps
- Animal encounters
- Arts and science
Ages 14 – Adult
- Jazz history and theory
- Improvisation workshops
- Master classes
- Performance ensembles
- Jazz composition and arranging
- Online application
- Martial arts
Specialized sports camps and clinics available through UCSD:
- Boys' basketball
- Girls' basketball
- Boys' soccer
- Girls' soccer
- Swimming & diving
- Girls' volleyball
- Water polo