IT Services' Security team supports the secure use, processing, storage, and transmission of digital information and media among the UC San Diego community, including faculty, staff, students, and affiliates.
- Review recent IT security announcements
- Find out what services the IT Security team offers
- Read user guides to help you secure your computer and data
- Read IT security policies and guidelines
We strive to foster an environment that supports:
- Confidentiality: meaning our computing system’s assets can be read only by authorized parties.
- Integrity: meaning the assets can only be modified or deleted by authorized parties or in authorized ways.
- Availability: meaning the assets are accessible to the authorized parties in a timely manner.
We accomplish this through the following guiding principles:
- Ensure the physical security of the data and telecommunications centers and resources
- Regulate authorized access to resources through security measures such as user IDs, passwords, and digital certificates
- Implement auditable authorization processes that adhere to University policies
- Provide security awareness training and resources
- Informing Departmental Security Administrators (DSAs) and system/data custodians about access rules and security violations