Getting the data
- HOPPER is a data repository within the Data Warehouse designed to function in a distributed client/ server environment. To access HOPPER, you must have adequate computer hardware, along with the proper underlying communications software, and campus Internet connection.
- QueryLink is a Web-based tool that allows authorized staff to retrieve data without knowing a programming language.
- SQL Executer is a Web-based method for accessing data within the Data Warehouse using SQL statements. You need to be proficient with SQL to use the Executer.
How the data is presented
- Data Directory shows data models with table/column descriptions for HOPPER and some of the SQL-DSE (see Data Directory section of DataLink).
- Data Refresh Information shows the last date/time a table was updated.
- SQL-DSE Table Selection is system catalog information for a table including column and index information.
- SQL-DSE Access Rights shows every table you, as an authorized user, can access (review your access right in AccessLinkTNG).
Keeping up with changes
- E-mail notices are sent out with news about changes. You will be notified of database changes based on the access you have in AccessLinkTNG.