- It's free: UC San Diego has a licensing agreement with Microsoft.
- It's secure: Storage conforms to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) requirements.
- See acceptable use guidelines before determining what data you store in OneDrive.
- It's compliant. The negotiated licensing terms dictate that data be stored on U.S. soil which fulfills export control requirements.
- Storing files (each user gets 1TB of space)
- Syncing files with your local computer
- Sharing files with colleagues or partners outside UC San Diego
Note: OneDrive for Business is different from OneDrive, which is intended for personal files.
OneDrive and Lync are enabled for all faculty and staff AD accounts that are not under Health Sciences.