Registering for Emergency Notifications
July 31, 2013 12:10:46 PM PDT
Learn how to register to receive emergency notifications from the university.
UCSD uses this phone and e-mail notification system, in addition to the UCSD Emergency Status website, to keep the campus community updated in emergency situations.
Registration for emergency notifications is voluntary and all members of the UCSD campus community are eligible, including students, staff, faculty, parents, and visitors.
- Go to the UCSD Emergency Notification system and select the tab "Register."
- Enter your first name, last name, and primary e-mail address and click Register. You'll then receive an e-mail from the AccountPortal Administrator with your assigned password.
- Go back to the registration website. Enter your primary e-mail address and password, then click Login.
- Enter the requested information, and be sure to:
- Create and confirm a new password
- Extend the expiration date if desired
- Click Save Page.
- Review your information.
- Make any additional changes on either the "General" or "Devices" tabs.
- To confirm your entries, click Save Page.
Note: You'll receive periodic test messages. Depending on your cellular service plan, you may be charged for incoming messages.
- You can update your profile information by logging into the registration website.
- Make any necessary changes to your profile, and click Save Page.
- Go to UCSD Emergency Notification system.
- Enter your primary e-mail address and password and click Login.
- Option 1: Enter this month's date as the "Registered Through Date".
- Profile will be removed on the last day of the specified month.
- Option 2: Click Opt Out in the left navigation
- Profile will immediately be removed from the system.
Note: This will delete your information from the UCSD Emergency Notification system.