Last Updated: August 27, 2014 9:13:24 AM PDT
Learn how to register to receive Triton Alert emergency notifications from the university.
UC San Diego uses this phone and email notification system, in addition to the UCSD Emergency Status website, to keep the campus community updated in emergency situations.
Registration for Triton Alert emergency notifications is voluntary and all members of the UCSD campus community are eligible, including students, staff, faculty, parents, and visitors.
- Go to the UCSD Emergency Notification system and select the tab "Register."
- Enter your first name, last name, and primary e-mail address and click Register. You'll then receive an e-mail from the AccountPortal Administrator with your assigned password.
- Go back to the registration website. Enter your primary e-mail address and password, then click Login.
- Enter the requested information, and be sure to:
- Create and confirm a new password
- Extend the expiration date if desired
- Click Save Page.
- Review your information.
- Make any additional changes on either the "General" or "Devices" tabs.
- To confirm your entries, click Save Page.
Note: You will receive periodic test messages. Depending on your cellular service plan, you may be charged for incoming messages.
- You are responsible for maintaining your profile once registered for Triton Alert notifications.
- You can update your profile information by logging into the registration website.
- Make any necessary changes to your profile, and click Save Page.
- Go to UCSD Emergency Notification system.
- Enter your primary email address and password and click Login.
- Click Opt Out in the left navigation.
- Your profile will immediately be removed from the system.
This will delete your information from the UCSD Emergency Notification system.
Email EH&S Emergency Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Triton Alert" and include all the information from your profile:
- Full name listed (if different now or different from your student)
- Contact device information (phone numbers and email address)
- If your email address used to register has been deactivated, please note it in your message.
Note: If a parent's contact information is listed on a student's profile, the student will need to contact EH&S Emergency Services to remove the information.
This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/emergencyphonereg