Glacier Online System: Tax Withholding for Foreign Individuals
September 11, 2013 11:44:41 AM PDT
All UC Campuses use Glacier to gather tax-related information from foreign individuals.
Departmental personnel can learn their part in the Glacier process by reviewing Glacier Training for Departments (link in orange box on the left side of this page).
Benefits for departments
- Relieves PPS users and HR contacts of explaining complicated tax forms and concepts
- Minimizes the payroll paperwork required when foreign employees are hired
- Improves compliance with immigration and tax law
- Department completes Glacier Record Request Form for each new foreign payee, sending a copy to Payroll and a copy to the payee
- Payroll creates a Glacier record for the individual and emails Glacier access information to foreign visitor
- Foreign individual completes the Glacier record online (from any computer with Internet access) and prints the forms Glacier generates
- Foreign individual signs forms and mails them to Payroll with copies of specified immigration documents
- Payroll updates the EALN screen, facilitates tax treaties, and/or determines federal tax withholding rate
- Glacier Information Form - replaced by Glacier Record Request Form below
- Glacier Overview (PDF) for departments and foreign individuals
- Glacier User FAQ (PDF)
- Glacier Record Request Form (PDF) (revised 3/15/13) - replaces Glacier Information Form.
- Note: If you are unable to open this form from the web browser, save it to your desktop and open it from there.
Nonresident Tax Links