Departmental personnel can learn their part in the Glacier process by reviewing Glacier Training for Departments (link in orange box on the left side of this page).
Benefits for departments
- Relieves PPS users and HR contacts of explaining complicated tax forms and concepts
- Minimizes the payroll paperwork required when foreign employees are hired
- Improves compliance with immigration and tax law
- Department completes Glacier Record Request Form for each new foreign payee, sending a copy to Payroll and a copy to the payee
- Payroll creates a Glacier record for the individual and emails Glacier access information to foreign visitor
- Foreign individual completes the Glacier record online (from any computer with Internet access) and prints the forms Glacier generates
- Foreign individual signs forms and mails them to Payroll with copies of specified immigration documents
- Payroll updates the EALN screen, facilitates tax treaties, and/or determines federal tax withholding rate
- Glacier Information Form - replaced by Glacier Record Request Form below
- Glacier Overview (PDF) for departments and foreign individuals
- Glacier User FAQ (PDF)
- Glacier Record Request Form (PDF) (revised 3/15/13) - replaces Glacier Information Form.
- Note: If you are unable to open this form from the web browser, save it to your desktop and open it from there.