About Disabilities and Rehabilitation
November 16, 2011 3:38:18 PM PST
Find out about UCSD resources for disabilities and rehabilitation.
UCSD is committed to taking positive steps to assist employees with disabilities or medical conditions that could lead to disability at no cost. All disability and rehabilitation services and programs are free.
UCSD's Accommodation Counseling and Consulting Services:
- Identifies job accommodations for people with disabilities
- Assists employees who have medical conditions that interfere with their ability to work
- Provides training and assistance on designing work activities to prevent impairment
- Coordinates access accommodation for faculty, staff, and visitors
All UCSD employees, including staff and faculty, who have a medical condition that prevents them from performing some or all of their job duties are eligible for assistance from Accommodation Counseling and Consulting Services. Supervisors of employees with disabilities are eligible for disability management consultations. Campus visitors with disabilities may be eligible for access accommodation coordination.
Disability consulting and rehabilitation counseling services are available from Accommodation Counseling and Consulting Services weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To make an appointment, contact Accommodation Counseling and Consulting Services, (858) 534-6744 or for Health System funded staff, contact (619) 543-7709.
UCSD's Accommodation Counseling and Consulting Services and, for Health System funded staff include:
- Assistance in identifying job accommodation options
- Consultation with supervisors regarding accommodation options and regulations
- Enhancement of communication among supervisors, employees, physicians, benefits resources, and other specialists
- Rehabilitation planning and case management related to industrial and non-industrial disabilities
- Return-to-work services
- Comparative analysis of medical restrictions and job requirements
- Career and personal counseling for people with disabilities
- Job and workstation analysis
- Job placement and transitional employment services
- Training classes
- Vocational evaluation, counseling, testing, skills analysis, and rehabilitation resource identification
- Fitness-for-duty evaluations
- Medical separation reviews
- Assistance in selecting speech recognition software
- Assistance to event or activity sponsors in arranging for American Sign Language interpretation or real time captioning coordination services for faculty, staff, and visitors
See Policies for Disabilities and Rehabilitation.
For more information, contact Accommodation Counseling and Consulting Services at (858) 534-6744, Paula Doss
or for Health System
funded staff, contact (619) 543-7709.
Note: This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/rehabilitation