The encumbrance lifter is a journal process designed to remove or reduce encumbrances, alsoreferred to as liens, from the encumbrance ledger.
Advantages of the encumbrance lifter include:
- Easy selection of encumbrances to be lifted or reduced
- Automatic creation of Integrated Financial Information System (IFIS) transactions
- Less key entry (due to automatic data updates)
With the encumbrance lifter, you can:
- Use the query tool to find and filter encumbrances.
- Remove or reduce the encumbrance balance from the encumbrance ledger.
- Automatically create a journal voucher based on the selections you made.