Configuring the UCSD VPN Client for Windows 8 via Conventional Installation
November 21, 2012 8:02:59 PM PST
Download and configure the new UCSD Virtual Private Network (VPN) AnyConnect client on your Windows 8 Desktop and Tablet for a conventional installation.
In the right place? If you only need to access common campus Web sites or remote desktop computing, use the VPN EasyConnect option. See instructions in Virtual Private Networks at UCSD.
- You must log into your computer with administrator rights.
- You need your Active Directory (AD) username and password. If you don't remember your AD username or password, you can either reset it at https://adweb.ucsd.edu/adpass/ or contact your department's systems administrator.
- ACT is testing the support of SBL (Start Before Login) on Windows-based machines.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- Accept the terms, and click Next.
- Click Install.
- You may be asked if you want to allow the following program to intall softwasre on this computer
- Click Finish
- Restart your system
- Click Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client in your Start Menu.
- Enter vpn.ucsd.edu in the box to the left “Connect” button
- Click "Connect"
- Select your desired connection profile from the Group drop-down menu:
- split – Route only campus traffic through the UCSD VPN. All other traffic goes through your normal Internet provider.
- allthruucsd – Route all traffic through the UCSD VPN.
- Use when accessing Library resources
- Enter your Active Directory username and password.
- Click OK.
- Go to Start Menu click AnyConnect client icon.
- Select Disconnect.