Configuring the UCSD VPN Client for Windows XP/ Vista/ Windows 7 via Conventional Installation
July 31, 2013 4:45:19 PM PDT
Download and configure the new UCSD Virtual Private Network (VPN) AnyConnect client on your Windows XP/ Vista/ Windows 7 machine for a conventional installation.
In the right place? If you only need to access common campus Web sites or remote desktop computing, use the VPN EasyConnect option. See instructions in Virtual Private Networks at UCSD.
- You must log into your computer with administrator rights.
- You need your Active Directory (AD) username and password. If you don't remember your AD username or password, you can either reset it at https://adweb.ucsd.edu/adpass/ or contact your department's systems administrator.
- ACT is testing the support of SBL (Start Before Login) on Windows-based machines.
- Download the VPN AnyConnect client.
- Save the client to your desktop.
- After the download completes, double-click the ucsdvpn.msi installation file located on your desktop.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- Accept the terms, and click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish.
- Click Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client in your Start Menu under All Programs.
- Enter vpn.ucsd.edu in the left most box and then click on the “Connect” button.
- Select your desired connection profile from the Group drop-down menu:
- split – Route only campus traffic through the UCSD VPN. All other traffic goes through your normal Internet provider.
- allthruucsd – Route all traffic through the UCSD VPN.
- Use when accessing Library resources
- Enter your Active Directory username and password.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the AnyConnect client icon in the System Tray, located in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Select Quit.