UCSD Retirement Association
October 3, 2013 11:01:40 AM PDT
Learn about the UCSD Retirement Association.
Membership in the UCSD Retirement Association is open to:
- UC retirees and legal spouses or same-sex domestic partners
- Current UC staff and faculty
Members pay an annual or lifetime fee. For more information, read How to Join the UCSD Retirement Association.
The purpose of the Retirement Association is to retain the experience, enthusiasm, and energy of the retired staff and faculty of UCSD in order to:
- Encourage educational and entertaining programming
- Represent your views to the University administration
- Create a continued connection to campus life
- Provide volunteer opportunities
Members also receive the following benefits:
- A UCSD ID card
- Access to the UCSD library, including borrowing privileges
- Free e-mail forwarding service
- Discounts on a variety of campus programs, including:
- Discounted public transportation on the local bus loop (UCSD - UTC).
- Subscription to the full-color UCSD Retirement Association newsletter, the Gazette. See a sample (PDF). Note: You need the Adobe Reader software in order to view the newsletter. You can download it here.
- Invitations to a number of annual Retirement Association events, including the annual picnic, Day at the Races, computer and Internet training courses, winery tours, holiday party, spring volunteer appreciation luncheon, personal finance seminars, special campus tours, and the annual Board & Celebration Dinner.
Click on Agenda tab for a quick view of all events.
The Retirement Association's office is on the UCSD campus, one block northwest of the Gilman parking structure (link to a map and directions).