UC San Diego SearchMenu

Applying for or Canceling the UC San Diego Travel Card

Use these step-by-step instructions when applying for, or canceling, a UC San Diego-issued Travel Card.

Expand all

To apply

  • Download and complete the application (PDF).
    • UC San Diego Travel recommends your home address as the billing address. However, if a departmental assistant will be reconciling the account on the traveler's behalf, then the campus departmental address may be used as the billing address.
    • There is no fee for the card. The index is used as an identifier only.
  • Email the completed application to travelcard@ucsd.edu
    • To request a rush on the card, request the application is expedited in your email.
  • The traveler will receive the card within 10 business days from the date the application is received by Travel.
  • The personal identification number (PIN) used for ATM transactions and certain international transactions will be created by the cardholder at the time of card activation.

To cancel

Send your request to cancel via email to travelcard@ucsd.edu and indicate:

  • Employee name
  • Date of cancelation (if applicable)

The UC San Diego-issued Travel Card should be canceled immediately if an employee separates from employment with the university.

Expand all

Note: this page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/cardapp

Notice: UC San Diego travel policy, as published in Blink, is decisive. It has been adapted to UC San Diego's organization, delegation of authority, terminology, chart of accounts and processing applications. The source for UC San Diego travel policy is UC Travel Policy and Regulations (PDF).