UC San Diego SearchMenu

Establishing a Travel Account

Follow these steps to establish a new travel account using MyTravel for official university business travel.

Effective July 1, 2019 all payees will be set up in Payment Compass.   Please refer to Payment Compass for more information.  

Expand all

1. Access MyTravel.

2. Add a traveler account.

  • Click Update/Add Traveler Account under Available actions
  • If you're not already logged in, you'll be asked for your Single Sign-On (SSO) user name and password

3. Complete the request form.

  • Search for traveler by entering one of the following:
    • Name
    • Traveler ID
    • Employee ID
      • For UC San Diego employees, enter Employee ID
      • For non-employees, UC San Diego Travel will assign a Traveler ID
        Note: For a non-employee U.S. citizen, a social security number is required by policy to establish a traveler account and pay or reimburse expenses. Access to personal information is strictly limited with security measures in place.
      • Important! UC San Diego does not set up Travel Accounts for family members, including spouses, of UC San Diego employee’s or prospective employees.  Bona fide business expenses for spouse or family members must be claimed under the employee or prospective employee’s name. Special approval by the vice chancellor is required for a spouse/partner to accompany a candidate for faculty or high-level administrative positions (including Manager and Senior Professional positions) on final interviews.

  • Click Search
  • Select the desired traveler
  • Review addresses and click Copy as a new address
    • If you would like to make this address the default for the traveler, click Request as Default, click Submit
  • Or
  • If you need to add a traveler scroll down and click Request a new traveler account. Follow the prompts and enter required traveler information

4. Verify the reimbursement method.

  • For UC San Diego employees, reimbursement must be via direct deposit
    Note: An employee is generally set up for Travel/ Disbursements direct deposit if enrolled in payroll direct deposit (Surepay) and has received a Disbursements payment by direct deposit.
  • For non-employees, reimbursement can be issued via the following options:
    1. Check mailed to a personal/ business address (not a UC San Diego department), or
    2. Direct deposit, if likely to travel on more than one occasion

Expand all

Notice: UC San Diego travel policy, as published in Blink, is decisive. It has been adapted to UC San Diego's organization, delegation of authority, terminology, chart of accounts and processing applications. The source for UC San Diego travel policy is UC Travel Policy and Regulations (PDF).