UC San Diego SearchMenu

How to Reverse a Previously Reported Payroll Entry

If you are a designated timekeeper, read these step-by-step instructions to reverse a previously reported payroll entry.

Note: You must complete the requirements for becoming a timekeeper before following the steps on this page.

Expand all

1. Log in to the Online Timekeeping system.

2. Select the pay cycle and your timekeeper code.

  • Go to the Timekeeper Select screen.
  • Select either the biweekly or monthly pay cycle. The current, active pay period will default as the selected choice in the window.
    Note: You may view prior pay period data by clicking the down arrow to the right of the window. Changes to a prior pay period must be made as an adjustment in the current pay period.
  • Select your timekeeper code from the list in the window.

3. Select the employee.

  • Proceed to the Employee List screen.
  • Select the employee name from your list of employees.
  • Proceed to the Detail Entry screen by clicking the [Detail] button.

4. Enter the hours.

  • Select the correct distribution pay line.
  • Click the [Copy 1] button near the bottom of the screen. The system will make one copy of your selected line and the text will appear in red.
  • Change the pay period end date:
    • Go to the override area of the screen.
    • Click on the down arrow next to the Pay End field.
    • Choose the appropriate pay period end date.
    Note: The period end date for all adjustments must be an actual payroll period end date.
  • Reverse the hours previously reported using a minus (-) sign.
  • To offset the negative hours, move the cursor to the appropriate field, such as "sick," "vacation," or "regular."

5. Update the entry.

  • Click the [Update] button to update the entry.
  • You will receive the message "Update Completed."

Expand all